The Los Angeles Review of Books seeks a part-time senior editor to work closely with the editor in chief and managing editor on production of The LARB Quarterly, as well as coordination and development of the online magazine. Primary duties will be developmental editing, copy editing, acquisition of new voices, and coordination of the online publication scheduling. The candidate should also possess a strong interest in literature, publishing, and independent literary production; excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills; and a proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment. This position is based in Los Angeles.
• Editing print and web content for publication
• Reading pitches
• Proofing every issue of The LARB Quarterly
• Working with editor-in-chief on coordinating the production calendar of the online magazine
• Consult on editorial strategy and vision for LARB projects
• Liaising with LARB staff to share editorial plans and vision
• Supporting the non-profit efforts of the publication; Research and oversee grant and award applications for LARB editorial projects alongside the managing editor
• Assisting with coordination of publication sales and fulfillment
Skills and Qualifications
• At least two years of professional editorial experience
• Copyediting and line editing skills
• Familiarity in Adobe InDesign and print production preferred
• This position is based in-person in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Review of Books is a non-profit literary and cultural arts magazine with an enduring commitment to the written word. The LARB Quarterly is a print literary magazine that publishes essays, fiction, art, and poetry as wynorrific as Los Angeles itself. We are seeking an editor with an ear to the ground here in Los Angeles; one who is interested in shaping the vision of the publication's next chapter.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via the Breezy HR portal no later than June 21st, 2022.